Sr. Business & Quality Assurance Analyst
Engage fi is seeking a Business & Quality Assurance Analyst to support and improve our information technology systems. An individual in this role will be required to analyze, model, document, test, and improve business processes and operations.
A key function of this role is working with end-users, both internally and externally, to capture business needs, User Stories, and experiences in order to ensure accurate and optimal system performance and functionality.
To be successful in this role, a Business & Quality Assurance Analyst will be collaborative and capable of highly-focused, detail-oriented work; they'll be able to work independently under general guidance, prioritize tasks, and juggle multiple concurrent projects and deliverables. This role reports to the Vice President of Information Technology.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited to:
- Analyzing, modeling, documenting existing or planned business processes
- Eliciting explicit business rules from users who may never have articulated them formally.
- Identifying, articulating, and confirming use-cases or scenarios from business users.
- Working directly with client (external, not internal) end-users to understand their experiences with custom software and soliciting feedback, eliciting and defining use-cases.
- Working to explore new product features, services, and options to determine viability and market opportunities to serve customers; comfortable working to make more general and ambiguous product vision or proposals concrete and actionable to achieve progress.
- Willingness to collaborate with developers and architects in their efforts to implement features in a way that addresses business needs, but may involve technical implementation motivated by other constraints (architectural and coding best practices, code re-use, laying groundwork for additional planned features, coping with resource constraints, long-term company goals and vision).
- Leveraging knowledge of User Stories and related documentation to rigorously test new features as they are built;
- Ability to provide feedback on iteratively developed code, reviewing proof-of-concepts or rough-ins of development that focuses on key business drivers and accepts some ambiguity about the particulars as design is finalized;
- Ability to identify quality vulnerabilities: use-cases and testing scenarios that developers might overlook, or which might provoke logic errors;
- Tenacity and thoroughness in working through test cycles, keeping the core business needs in mind but also attention to detail to ensure a consistent, quality product.
- Capturing business needs or desires in the form of User Stories;
- Ability to craft User Stories with a broad range of specificity, ranging from high-level concepts to guide developers on new or emerging services and functions, to highly specific and detailed requirements tied to specific business process, legal or compliance requirements, or tightly meshing with already existing functionality and defined business rules.
- Defining acceptance criteria appropriate to both internal product stakeholders and external end-users;
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong ability to use appropriate visual tools when needed to clearly and compactly communicate both high-level concepts as well as highly specific business rules, expected outcomes and expected results, supported use-cases, exception cases, and the like. This could include logic matrices, decision trees/process flows, high-level data flows, which might be authored in Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and other standard office tools.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methods, but flexibility in applying Agile principles without insisting on any particular set of tools or methods, adapting to the concrete and particular circumstances of a project or product.
- Familiarity with synthesizing diverse and sometimes conflicting perspectives and making efforts to compromise or creatively address all legitimate concerns, forging a path forward and emphasizing the positive goals being sought while being realistic in managing expectations.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and products, and react quickly to changes in priorities, while maintaining a high level of excellence and quality in work product.
- Good judgment in knowing when to present decisions or perspectives as firm, tentative, or needing confirmation or consultation, and following up to your own supervisor and other key stakeholders to finalize.
- Comfortable presenting findings to people in a variety of positions within an organization, from executives to SMEs to front-line employees.
- Ability to take a general directive or request and flesh it out appropriately, building appropriate artifacts for review or action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field required
- At least five years of experience in a similar role
- A minimum of two years of related experience in the financial industry
- Familiarity with relational database concepts